Friday, December 24, 2010

I am so Lucky!

I am so lucky to have the friends and family that I do.  I cannot begin to tell you the phone calls, txt messages, emails, cards that I have received in the past couple of days.  Heidi has not even had a chance to talk to me, haha.  Yesterday was a very bad day for me.  I was very down.......finally let my emotions get the best of me.  Cried most of the day.  I was due for that, I guess.  Having more pain in my epi-gastric area that radiates into my upper back.  More trouble swallowing as well.  Sounds like soup today.  I actually hate soup even since I had a surgery in 1998 and had to eat soup for 3 weeks.  haha

I sent an email to Dan Ellenberger at University Hospitals.  Danny use to be an Aurora Firefighter and I explained my condition.  Danny the same day sent me a response from the President of the hospital naming the best esophageal cancer surgeon and team at UH.  I will be calling them today and try to schedule a consult.  UH is the northeast Ohio leader in cancer care at their Ireland Cancer Center.  I appreciate Danny's help.

I am learning that some of my friends still don't know, so feel free to tell anyone that you think may want to know.  I do not have any secretts. 

I love all of you and I mean that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment