Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday January 14

I can certainly tell you that this week has been worse than I expected.  Monday and Tuesday being the absolute worse whereby I did not even want to walk.  Nausea, vomiting, fever and could not think or focus.

Wedesday and Thursday were about 50% better than Monday and Tuesday.  I had periods of nausea and vomiting.  I had sores breakout on my face and have been using lotion on these.  Brock and I were discussing this gentlemen we saw at Chemotherapy, wearing this shirt that said "Chemo Brain".  We now know what he meant.  Your brain just does not want to work and you can't focus.  Fortunately, I was on a Kelly Day at work today (day off) and did not have to call off.  I am hopeful to be going to work on Monday.  Pray for this!

Eating is a challenge.  It feels like there is a coating inside of your entire mouth and you can't taste anything.  Nothing taste good, not even ice cream.  Sometimes just the thought of eating makes me sick.  I learned yesterday the hard way that I need to eat 5 small meals instead of 3 large ones.  I had breakfast and no lunch yesterday.  By the time dinner came around I got sick before I could take one bite.  However, a little while after eating I started to feel better.  I have lost 4-5 lbs this week already (not trying). 

I know many of you are praying for me!  This is so important!  Some of your are going to think I lost my mind, but one individual praying for me is Mike McClure (friend).  I can actually feel him praying for me.  I asked the Lord about this and he answered to me that he had heard Mike's prayers and that he was with me!  If I was not already a believer in prayer, I AM NOW!

I continue to receive emails, txt messages, cards from Friends and Family!  I have heard from friends that I have not spoken to in years!  I have also created some new friends!  I enjoy this!  thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Don,

    I'm praying that Jesus would sustain you (and Heidi) in these times when you are not feeling so well, and that you would feel strong enough to go to work on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don,

    I am copying this from a Joni E. Tada book called A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the mysteries of suffering, pain, and God's sovereignty:

    "But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hands." (Ps. 31:14-15)
    My times...in His hand. That's just where I want my times to be-I can't imagine them anywhere else!
    God has a purpose for my life [all the parts of it], an intention He had in mind before the beginning of time [Ps. 139]--and certainly before I was ever that proverbial gleam in my daddy's eye...
    He has a plan and purpose for my time on earth. He is the master artist or sculptor, and He is the one who chooses the tools He will use to perfect His workmanship...

    Don, please never doubt that you are precious in His sight!

    Stay near to him and he will stay near you. We love you.

    ReplyDelete