Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday January 19

Monday I was able to work my entire 24 hour shift at the FD.  I did not eat much at work but just enough to keep my strength up.  Not much appetite that day.  No fever issues that day.

Tuesday, Heidi and I had to travel to Columbus for an appointment after I got off work Tuesday morning.  I felt fine on the trip and Heidi helped with driving.  I was able to eat half of my lunch at a restaurant which was a huge improvement for me!  Heidi and I split a lunch which worked out well for both of us.  That evening, Craig Peeps baked us a wonderful Lasangna and brought to the house.  I was able to eat almost a normal portion size!  I did get a fever of 100.0 this evening and took some Tylnenol prior to going to bed.  My energy level was returning to almost normal levels.

Wednesday, today I am visiting Dr. Marquienz (Oncologist) for a "check up" after Chemo round one and also getting lab work completed.  He will do a CBC (Complete Blood Count) to make certain not too low for next chemo round.  Make sure I don't have any infections (which I don not believe).  I am planning to work my regular 24 hour shift at FD tomorrow (Thursday).  Then on Friday, I will have surgery to have the Mediport placed in my chest by Dr. Espinal at Akron City.  This is an out patient procedure and I hope to be home by 5 pm!  (probably enjoying some more of Craig's wonderful Lasangna!)

4 comments:

  1. sounds like your kickin' it's butt!!!! go Don go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wedding pic of you and Heidi. And, who is this Greg Peeps person? We might need to have a lasagna cook off. I'm glad you are able to eat something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the wedding picture. Is that the Precious Moments Chapel? Great pic of both of you. I'll be praying for the Mediport surgery, Don.

    "Be Still and Know that I am God..." -Psalm 46:10

    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

    Stay in His Grip! His hands are Big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture!!

    I think and pray for you each day. I'll be thinking of you while you have surgery on Friday. Be strong.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete