Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday July 10

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend church today.  Got up this morning with a pain of "9" on 10 scale.  Heidi stayed home also with me.  I am starting a regiment of Oxycodone today.  I gave the Vicodin a week to see if it would help and it did not work well enough.  My pain levels are usually 7-8 and the Vicodin might take it to a 4.  So, even though I am against taking pain medicines I feel that it might help me with my eating if I control the pain better.  The Vicodin and Oxycodone both cause major constipation.  I am using Miralax for that, it works pretty well. 

Eating is a big challenge right now.  Most days I have a moderate size breakfast but usually unable to eat lunch or dinner.  I am also vomiting usually 1-2 times per day.  I am going to concentrate on eating more even if it takes me an hour to get some food down.  I do not want to do supplements (Ensure) unless I absolutely have to!  I have lost 8 lbs in the past 10-14 days.  I am at the lowest weight ever in my adult life of 169 lbs.

Other than the pain and difficulty eating, I feel pretty good.  Good energy level staying active. 

I have made written request of the Cleveland Clinic for my PET scan results with their release form but have not had any success yet.  My Oncologist also faxed in a release form so he could get the results and they have not received them yet either.  I have to admit, I am disappointed in the Cleveland Clinic overall. 

I will see my Radiation Oncologist on Tuesday at 3:00 pm at the Cleveland Clinic.  At least then we will get the results of my scan.  I will also see my Oncologist on Wednesday morning at 10:45 to determine our course of action (if needed). 

Thanks Everyone for your words and prayers of encouragement!  It really helps!

1 comment:

  1. Don, I haven't been posting as often but I haven't stopped praying... will see you soon. Thanks, in the midst of your pain, for making it to Brian's wedding. We were honored that you and Heidi were present!

    ReplyDelete