Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday July 6 - PET Scan Day

Heidi and I went to the Cleveland Clinic today for my PET scan.  The scan went pretty routine.  The actually took me back about 15 minutes early.  They start IV on you then inject this high glucose radioactive tracer into you.  Then they take the IV back out.  Then you have to lay for 1 hour until scan gets done.  The actual scan did not take as long as others I have had because they did not do my head and neck.  From shoulders down. 

Unfortunately, we do not get any results until the 12th when I see the radiation oncologist there. 

I believe I received about 37 txt messages and emails last night and this morning wishing me good luck!  Thanks everyone.  As soon as we know, I will get word out!  Promise!

2 comments:

  1. Well, darn...I was hoping to hear the encouraging news TODAY!

    You continue to be in our thoughts and our prayers continually.

    God Bless you, Don, and Heidi, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Helen!

    Glad that it went well. Get good rest.

    LuvU

    ReplyDelete