Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday July 26 - Post EGD

I went this morning and had my EGD (scope) completed at Robinson Memorial Hospital.  Dr. Micheal Cline did my EGD, he is a Gastro doctor.  He is good at what he does. 

He found that my esophagaus was lined with ulcers probably a result of the radiation and stomach acids.  He started me on strong doseages of Nexium and Carafate.  He said if I am not seeing much improvement within 2 weeks to call him. 

I had suspected ulcers but I did not know to treat them the same way if they were a result of the radiation.  So, at this point, I started the meds today, still have lots of pain and taking Oxycontin.  Still can't eat and throw up everytime I try.  I am hoping after a week of treatment I might see good progress!

1 comment:

  1. Job 12:10

    New International Version (NIV)

    "In his hand is the life of every creature
    and the breath of all mankind."

    ReplyDelete